This is amazing. Nothing at all like store bought curry pastes. Fresh and zesty - gorgeous. Just wait until it is licked by fire in your wood fired oven!
It's easy and quick to make. So don't bother buying it.
Used in my Wood Fired Smoked Thai Green Chicken Curry recipe - as featured on my Podcast.
- 4-6 large green chillies
- 1.5 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander (include the roots!)
- rind of 1/2 a lemon - roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt - preferable smoked (you can do this in your Wood Fired Oven!)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Place all ingredients into a kitchen food processor (blender). Blend until it develops into a smooth paste. If it is too thick, add a little oil. Place into a sealed jar and place in the fridge until required. Use within a few days.